Happy New Year!!!
CCSO hopes everyone enjoyed a wonderful holiday season and wants to wish all of you a happy and prosperous new year! We are proud of the many accomplishments achieved this past year and look forward to an exciting year in 2019.
SRN II Seminar:
CCSO is currently accepting confirmation to attend the upcoming SRN II Seminar on Saturday 2/9/2019 at the Embassy Suites Hotel in Sacramento. Please contact the CCSO office 209.838.2940 to confirm your attendance ASAP. CCSO encourages all chapters to be represented at this event. The seminar will be very beneficial and provide insight regarding issues facing the health care community.
Presidents’ Round Table:
This year, one of the CCSO State President’s goals is to establish a presidents’ round table to discuss current issues, strategize for the future, and to collaborate on various tasks and projects. If you are a current chapter president and are interested in attending, please contact the office.
Correctional Legal Service (CLS):
The Correctional Legal Service (CLS) is projected to start in February 2019 and will be offered to all CDCR, DSH, and PIA employees. The monthly dues are $67 and will provide a strong legal defense when employees are faced with adverse action. CCSO has an outstanding reputation for providing the best legal defense for its members and will now share that benefit with CLS members.
Supervisor Time Bank Campaign:
CCSO is ready to kick off its STB campaigning, with the goal of achieving 4,000 hours for our supervisors. The time bank is funded by member donations. Last year was such a success, as such CCSO would like to continue with the same donation incentives. Look for the incentive break down in the Winter Newsletter.
What To Do When You Receive a Notice or NOAA: Call CCSO Immediately
2019 Top Resolutions for the Year
1. Exercise more
2. Lose weight
3. Get organized
4. Learn a new skill or hobby
5. Live life to the fullest
6. Save more money / spend less money
7. Quit smoking
8. Spend more time with family and friends
9. Travel more
10. Read more
Contact CCSO at 800-449-2940 immediately anytime you receive a notice to appear for an investigative interview, receive a direct adverse action, or receive any other action that warrants attorney representation. The more notice we can provide our attorneys, the better it is for their operational needs. A timely notice assists CCSO’s ability to schedule your legal needs in an efficient manner.
Steps To Your Defense:
1) Don’t wait, call the CCSO office at 800-449-2940 the day you receive a direct adverse action, or a notice to be interviewed or receive any other action that warrants attorney representation.
2) Directly after talking to the CCSO representative, you will fax a copy of the notice for interview or the Adverse Action to 209-838-6759 or email the information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
3) Do not discuss your case with anyone but the CCSO office representative or your assigned CCSO attorney.
Supervisors Representing Supervisors